Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Today your new baby cousin arrived. He came on Adi's birthday. She's got a birthday twin! He's super cute and I can't wait until we get to hold him. You and I have been talking about him so much, that I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see the real "new baby".  I'm trying to prepare you to be very gentle with the baby. I'm a bit nervous as you can get a little rough, but I think you'll do well.

You spent the day with O' Cookie. She said you had lots of fun. You took her car to the car wash, but you didn't like the kind she took you too. You're just used to the sprayer type. She said you were afraid of the big cleaning spools and washers.  She gave you some water beads, which has made mom want to go in search of more so we can make another fun tactile bin. I'll probably get you some for your birthday. Dae took the cutest picture of you on his phone and sent it to me at work. It was a really nice surprise to see your smiling face while I worked.

I'm getting excited. You'll be two soon. I'm excited and sad at the same time. You're growing ever so quickly and it seems like the last two years of your life have just slipped through my hands. Slow down time! You're moving too fast! So we're starting the planning for your birthday. I'm still not sure what kind of cake we'll be getting. We'll be having your birthday two weekends after your actual birthday.  I know we've got to get balloons for you. We can't NOT get you balloons. That's all we've talked about over the last few months.

You were a bit cranky today. It's odd for you to be cranky, but I think you were a bit tired since we got up so early. Add to that the heat of today, and I think that's where my little cranky man came from. Daddy gave you a bath even though you just had one last night. You wanted one, and when I picked you up at O' Cookie's you told me you wanted to play with water. So bath time it was.

You're now sleeping comfortably in your bed. You went to sleep quite easily. I love that you're pretty easy to put to bed most days. We should consider ourselves very lucky that we worked out a bedtime routine so early on in your life. I think it suits us very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment