Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Today was a boo boo sort of day. We were getting ready to leave for work and you were fighting tooth and nail not to go. I was trying to put on your shoes while you dangled your head over the back of the ottoman. You were holding onto your heavy toy phone with it right above your face. You dropped it right on your right cheek. So now you have a nice little bruise under your right eye.

When we were at work, I was trying to put you down on the floor so I could do something. You were fussing something terrible as it was getting close to that magic 3 hour mark. When I leaned over to put you down, you let go of my hands and fell back cracking your head against the cement floor. That always scares me. I'm sure you probably inherited our cement strong head, your Aunt Beaner put a dent in our wall at home with her head and it barely phased her at all, so I'm thinking you have a head like that. You were hard to calm down though. When you get really badly hurt, you cry so hard that you forget to take a breath. It's scary to watch. You cried and cried, and I was worried that you might have a concussion.

You and I are going tomorrow to put the order in for your cake.  I'm still not sure what we're going to get. I was thinking spiderman, but I'm not sure. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what they have available. You told me you wanted "Fungebob Pairpants" so we might get that if you still want it. You change your mind daily.

We've also got to get your balloon order in for Sunday. We promised you balloons and I don't want to forget them. Daddy was going to pick you up a bunch for your actual birthday, but there were signs about a government regulation on helium or something...he said it was really weird. Anyway, we'll do that tomorrow too if we get out of work on time.

Yesterday Uncle Noah was home from Hyde Park NY. You were SOOOOO excited that he was going to be home. You spent all Sunday and Monday asking to see him. Tuesday came and from the moment you woke up, all you could think about was seeing him. "SEE UNCLE NOAH! TODAY!!!" over and over, mom had to listen to it.

He came and spent a lot of time playing with you. Looking at books, reading to you, coloring pictures with you. You just couldn't get enough! I think he had just as much fun playing with you as you did playing with him. He'll be home again around Thanksgiving hopefully!

I'm getting excited for your birthday party on Sunday! I can't wait to see what other presents you get. Grandma and Grandad and Uncle Awesome and Aunt Sarah got you an awesome basketball hoop/football goal post. You are so excited you can't wait for daddy to get it set up. Mom's got to get your sand ordered so we can pick it up before the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment